1. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium high. Season pork chops all over with salt and pepper.
2. Cook chops until bottom side is golden brown, about one minute. Turn and cook on other side about one minute. Repeat, turning every minute, until chops are deep golden brown for eight to 10 mins.
3. Remove pan from heat and add sage and, garlic, and butter, smashed garlic into butter.
4. Tilt pan and spoon butter and drippings over pork chops. Transfer pork chops to a cutting board and let rest at least five minutes.
5. Cut away bone and slice pork about 1/4 inch thick. Serve with any juices from the cutting board spooned over top.