Prince died of accidental from Opioid Overdose
According to the AP, Prince died of an opioid overdose based on tests that were done after his death. The legendary singer passed away back in April, and at the time, the Carver County Sheriff’s office announced an investigation was open and that it would take weeks for the results to come in. The Carver County Sheriff’s office has yet to release any official news about the cause of Prince’s death. Following Prince’s death, both the DEA and other federal agencies have joined in on the investigation, though no official reports have been released.
Prince died of a self-administered Fentanyl overdose according to an autopsy report released on Thursday by the Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office. The 57-year-old singer’s death was ruled an accident, and the only listed cause on the medical examiner’s report was ‘Fentanyl toxicity’. The autopsy report also revealed that the 5ft3in singer weighed just 112lbs at the time of his death, and that he was dressed entirely in black when his unresponsive body was discovered on April 21 inside an elevator at his Paisley Park estate just outside Minneapolis, Minnesota. Prince’s former drug dealer believed opioids were behind the singer’s death when he spoke exclusively to DailyMail.com in April. He also revealed that the performer would spend up to $40,000 on six-month supplies of two drugs – Dilaudid pills and Fentanyl patches.