Singer Bar-Bee, who was yesterday (Thursday) released from hospital, says as soon as she gets some rest, she will be returning to Jamaica.
The singer spoke with THE STAR in a telephone interview shortly after her release from a private hospital in New York.
“I got out of the hospital this morning (Friday), but they (doctors) were really concerned about the hit to my head on the windshield – but I’m okay now and happy to be out. The hardest part was sitting still in the hospital, I even tried to check myself out twice and they had to start watching me, it was crazy.”
“My doctor gave me the clearance to be out, but he says I just have to rest. But I’ll be back in Jamaica in July,” Bar-Bee said.
The singer was in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at a private New York hospital after she was involved in a motor vehicle accident on Friday, June 13.
She had remained in a coma for two hours after the accident in which her Mercedes Benz motor car was totalled.
The singer was on her way to the Jamrock Reggae Fest at the Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, where she was slated to perform.
Bar-Bee is thanking all her fans who showed love and support during her time in the hospital.
“I really want to thank my fans, I got a lot of flowers and stuff while in the hospital, they (fans) really supported me through this.”
Bar-Bee, also addressed some of the rumours that had been circulating about her accident, as it was said that the singer had lost a baby during the accident.
When asked about the allegation, Bar-Bee responded: “A baby? Why do people keep tying babies to me? I mean I love kids but I don’t want any anytime soon.”
Now that Bar-Bee has passed the worst, and having been hospitalised for approximately eight days, the singer says, “I can’t wait to get back to work.”
“I have this project that I’m working on right now that is called I Love You Anyway. This record is very dear to me, and I just know that everybody can relate to it … it’s about real love, and it will be out in July,” she said.