Before I leave you, I’d like to give you a few more tips about foods to gain weight that can help you gain a few pounds without harming your health:
- Avoid going more than 3 hours without eating;
- Eat 5-6 meals a day, interspersing three small meals with salted snacks. Meals can be small, yet they should be condensed, i.e. composed of a variety of good quality weight gain foods, and fortified products such as dairy products, whole wheat grains, etc.
- Consume fruits and oilseeds like macadamia nuts, walnuts, and chestnuts. They are a source of so-called “good fats” (mono and polyunsaturated) and also help in the prevention of cardiovascular disease.
- Increase consumption of cereals and whole-wheat pastas that do not contain too much fat in their preparation (e.g. bread or cooked pasta derived from corn, rice etc). Pasta with fatty sauces and greasy yellow cheese should not be part of a regular diet, because as mentioned earlier, it could result in higher levels of blood cholesterol.
- Avoid products containing excessive fiber. Fiber provides a prolonged feeling of satiety (“full stomach”), which reduces hunger and causes satisfaction with lower amounts of food. Fiber products are best for weight loss.
- Use grains in abundance (peas, beans, chickpeas, corn etc) in salads, custards, soups etc. These products increase the protein content of your food and can be prepared in many different ways with various meals.
- Increase moderate consumption of animal protein foods such as cheese, milk, meat, fish, etc. You should prefer meats and cheeses containing lower fat content.
- Using olive oil seasoning in salads is a good way to consume a bit more fat without major health risks; even in this case, exaggeration should be avoided.
- Some types of sweets, and soft drinks can give a false sense of fullness, reducing the appetite for the following meals. Avoid candy and sweets that contain empty calories.
Aiming to gain weight without sending your body fat through the roof is an ideal way to approach this. Nevertheless, skinny people should remember that it’s natural to gain a little bit of fat while on a high-calorie weight gain diet. This is unavoidable if you want to achieve fast results.
Remember, it takes perseverance to gain weight. Lifting weights in the gym combined with an appropriate diet that supports weight gain is the most suitable method for gaining weight fast.
See more at: http://www.weightgainnetwork.com